Don’t you just hate when you think you are getting along in life just fine, and then all of a sudden….a curve ball is thrown your way. Maybe your car breaks down, or your cell phone breaks…something occurs that requires you to come up with cash, fast! Now you are panicking trying to come up with a way to make up that money. Well, how much simpler would life be if you already had that money stored away? I believe that it is extremely important to have an emergency fund on hand, in case things like this happen. However, keeping extra money on the side isn’t always the simplest thing to do. That is why I am going to be sharing with you a few of my favorite tips and tricks for building up an emergency fun, even when maybe you are living paycheck to paycheck and don’t have extra money to put up.
- Save on everyday needs as much as possible: When it comes to purchasing things that you need everyday like food and gas, you should try to save as much money as possible doing so and then you are able to take that money you are saving with your purchases and put it up for savings. I highly recommend using things such as reward cards and coupons to save on these essentials, you’d be surprised just how much you can save if you shop smart. Some of my favorite ways to do this are the Kroger Card and using an app such as Ibotta.
- Have a piggy bank: I am one that always has a ton of change everywhere, in my car, in my house, everywhere. Save that change! Most people don’t realize just how quickly change can add up. I always have a piggy bank on hand and any amount of spare change that I get into my hands goes into that jar. You could even make it a family savings jar and have everyone chip in with their spare change as well.
- Save gifted money: A lot of people will gift you money for birthdays and the holidays, as hard as this may be not to run out and treat yourself to something nice, try putting up at least part of that money. Maybe put up half and then go get yourself something with the other half. This way you are not taking away from your regular income but you are still putting a bit of cash away.
- Put up ANYTHING you can: Put up any amount of money that you possibly can. Most times, you are able to squeeze out a spare dollar or five dollars a week. It may not be much, but having something put up is better than having nothing at all. I know it may be hard to come up with it, but try to put at least some sort of money into your fund every week.
- Don’t give up: A lot of times people get a bit of money saved up and then they use it to buy new clothes, or pay for a nice dinner…try to refrain from doing this! Be sure to put that money up each week and do not touch it until you have a real emergency to pay for. Just think to yourself how horrible it would be if something were to happen and you didn’t have that money to fall back on.
Remember it is really important to have that emergency fund… no matter what your current income is because you never know how big or small of a curve ball life will throw at you. If you’ve struggled in the past coming up with an emergency fund, I hope this helps you to stay strong and build up as much money as you possible can!
If you are planning on heading out for a trip sometime soon, be sure to check out some of these trips because they will definitely make things a bit more manageable for you!
One of the most amazing and rewarding jobs a mother can do is to be a stay at home mom. I know that when your babies are so little and adorable, it can be really hard to leave them to go back to a new job, all you want to do is stay at home with and cuddle up! You may be thinking there is no possible way you could stay at home and enjoy the company of your child without earning an income, you think you can just not afford it. Well what if I told you that it was a total possibility! I am going to be sharing with you a few ways that you can stay at home with your baby AND have an income!
- Start a Blog: Blogs are a really amazing thing for a stay at home mother to do. They are not only a great way to spend time but you can actually earn money as well! Obviously it will be a slow start and it may take some time before you start earning any money from it but if you work hard at it you will eventually be rewarded.
- Websites to Earn Money: Another approach would be to earn money by completing activities and surveys online! You can use websites such as Swaybacks and Opinion Outpost to take surveys, watch videos, and complete activities that will allow you to cash out for real money! Doing this long enough and work hard enough and you can defintenly earn a decent amount of money.
- Ebates: Let’s face it, babies are expensive and you have to spend a lot of money on them, but you can save money while you shop using Ebates! Buy the things you need for your baby shopping through ebates.com and you will earn a percentage of cash back that you can actually cash out to receive real money!
- Work from Home: There are plenty of places of employment that offer work from home options. Simply look around you should be able to find plenty of work from home opportunities! You just have to look around and find the one that fits you best! One of my favorite places to look for freelance opportunities is Upwork.com.
- Etsy Store: If you are a really crafty person, you can open up your very own Etsy store! See your creations and you can most definitely make a very good income! It’s super easy and you just have to be consistent with your posting and the making of your things to sell in your store.
If your dream is to be a stay at home mother but you still need the income to survive on a daily basis, try out some of these amazing ways to earn that money at home.